Welcome to the Bille Family Blog!

**************************************************************************



Friday, April 29, 2016

Car Keys....

So... although I am not exactly sure I want to remember this, I thought I better document this for sanity sake.   About 99% of the time, I don't think motherhood is too rough. In fact, I am blessed with great kids, crazy helpful parents and in-laws, and a pretty spectacular husband.   But then there are the days that you just want to pull your hair out.   Those days make the best stories... after I have had a few days to laugh about it. 
Here's the story.... I had just gotten all 3 kids up, fed, dressed, and out the door, ready for the school day. (Gus too... although I didn't have to get him dressed) I piled them all into the van... seat belts on, car seats buckled, bags loaded up.   I went to get in the drivers seat... No car key.   Jumped out and told the kids I had to run back inside quick.
  Checked the counter...no key.  
 Checked the entry way... no key. 
Tried my coat pockets... no key. 
Now I started  to panic a bit.   If I didn't  hurry the kids would be late for school! I frantically called Val who sent Ken over (he just happened to have off of work.) I unpacked all the kids and our bags and waited in the driveway for him. He picked us all up and delivered all the kids to school on time.   I called a colleague and she picked me up and we drove to school together. I texted Kyle hoping he somehow had the key... No luck.  All day long I wondered where it could be... I feared either Grace hid it or Gus had it somewhere in the backyard. Then as my friend gave me  ride home that night, Kyle arrived home before me and sent me this.... 
Um... oops...there is the key. On the counter. Under the Elmo book.   Gulp. 
Yes,  my counter is messy.   Yes,  that is why I couldn't find it. Double gulp. 
Lesson learned.   Keep your keys in a safe, secure place. And clean your counters. 


No comments: